The Wallachian Regional Museum was established in 1964 by merging three regional museums: the Museum in Valašské Meziříčí (the predecessor of this museum, the Museum Society in Valašské Meziříčí was founded as early as 1884), the Museum in Vsetín (founded in 1924) and the Museum in Kelč. Until 2003, the founder of the Wallachian Regional Museum was the Vsetín District and since 2003, it has been operating under the Zlín Regional Government. Since 2005, the Vsetín Observatory, which was established in 1950, has also been a part of the museum.
OUR STRUCTURE AND OUR WORK
The museum is a state-funded institution, founded by the Zlín Region. Our staff research and promote natural, technical and social sciences. The primary task of all scientific departments is to take care of the entrusted collections, including acquisition, presentation and publication activities. Organizing cultural and educational programs, including workshops on environmental education, constitute another important part of our work. The designated area for our collections is the ethnographic region of Wallachia. Vsetín Observatory, an integral branch of our museum, promotes astronomy and natural sciences among schoolchildren and the general public.
Since 2015, the Museum of the Wallachian Region has been listed as a research organization pursuant to Act No. 130/2002.
Multidisciplinary museum in the fields of social, natural and technical sciences in the sense of Act No. 122/2000 Coll. Collection area: Wallachia
Administration and access to listed buildings (3 castles and a church)
Promotion and Education Efforts
Research and Other Professional Work
Retail sale of goods
MRV deed of incorporation with amendments No. 1 to No. 13
The organization is registered in the Commercial Register kept by the Regional Court in Ostrava, Section Pr, Insert 991
Wallachian Regional Museum Medium Term Collection Policy for the years 2016-2020
The Wallachian Regional Museum is a full member of Líska - promoting environmental education and environmental awareness-raising in the Zlín Region